Take Every Precautionary Step to Help Protect Your Future
If you were arrested on felony charges, there’s no time to waste. The sooner you hire our Kitsap County felony attorneys to defend you, the better chance you have at beating your charges and avoiding conviction. Felonies are categorized as the most serious types of offenses. As such, they result in the harshest consequences upon conviction, including years behind bars, hefty fines, and never living a “normal” life again.
The criminal conviction process is intimidating. Don’t face it alone.
When you contact our Kitsap County felony defense attorneys for help, we will start by listening to your side of the story respectfully and attentively. Your first consultation is completely free, so you can feel comfortable exploring your options and learning about what’s ahead before making any decisions about moving forward. If you decide to retain our legal counsel, we will set to work building an effective defense strategy to convince the prosecution that you’re innocent and don’t deserve the maximum sentence. In court, we will fight tirelessly to get your felony charges reduced or dismissed entirely.
Washington Felony Sentencing
The law divides class A, B and C felony offenses into 16 levels of seriousness, ranging from low to high. If convicted, your penalty will depend on various factors, including the type of offense and your criminal history.
Washington’s felonyclasses are:
- Class A: Up to life in prison & up to a $50,000 fine
- Class B: Up to 10 years in prison & up to a $20,000 fine
- Class C: Up to 5 years in prison & up to a $10,000 fine
Examples of crimes included within each levelinclude, but are not limited to:
- XVI: Aggravated murder
- XV: Homicide by abuse and malicious explosion 1
- XIV: Murder 2 and trafficking 1
- XIII: Malicious explosion 2 and malicious placement of an explosive 1
- XII: Assault 1, assault of a child 1, rape 1, rape of a child 1 and promoting commercial sexual abuse of a minor
- XI: Manslaughter 1, rape 2 and vehicular homicide resulting from DUI
- X: Child molestation 1, criminal mistreatment 1, kidnapping 1 and sexually violent predator escape
- IX: Assault of a child 2, robbery 1, hit and run resulting in death and inciting criminal profiteering
- VIII: Arson 1, commercial sexual abuse of a minor, manslaughter 2 and promoting prostitution 1
- VII: Burglary 1, child molestation 2,drive-by shooting and unlawful possession or a firearm in the first degree
- VI: Bribery, incest 1, rape of a child 3, theft of a firearm and malicious placement of an imitation device
- V: Advancing money or property for extortionate extension of credit, criminal mistreatment 2, domestic violence court order violation and child molestation 3
- IV: Arson 2, assault 2, counterfeiting, DUI, hate crime, hit and run resulting in injury and bomb threats
- III: Animal cruelty 1, criminal gang intimidation, cyberstalking, perjury 2 and unlawful imprisonment
- II: Electronic data theft, failure to register as sex offender, possession of stolen vehicle and theft with intent to resell 2
- I: Attempting to elude a pursuing police vehicle, forgery, theft from a vulnerable adult 2 and unlawful issuance of checks or drafts
Call Our Kitsap County Felony Defense Attorneys at (206) 222-7701
We are an aggressive, talented team that is dedicated to upholding your best interests from beginning to end. No detail of your case will go unnoticed: We examine every aspect of your situation to devise an effective plan of action that can help protect you from becoming a victim to the prosecution’s wishes. Even better, one of our felony defense lawyers obtains prior prosecutorial experience, which means we understand how the other side of the courtroom thinks and acts. Our team can better prepare for the prosecution’s possible attacks because of this.
The attorneys at Ramirez & Cooper, Inc. have a thorough understanding of the legal proceedings and criminal statutes. We are able to give our clients the resources, advocacy and legal advice they need to be successful inside and outside the courtroom. Our legal team will stand by your side every step of the way and always keep you updated on the status of your case. We handle criminal cases throughout Washington state. Let us build a case strategy for you or your loved one, we may be able to take action before charges are even filed.
Over 30 Years’ of Combined Legal Experience
Former Prosecution Experience*
Thousands of Criminal Cases Handled
Over 1,000 DUI Cases Handled
Hundreds of Cases Tried to Verdict or Judgment
Appeared Before the Supreme Court